Friday, November 21, 2008

Mags Mags Mags

Just about every gun shop or online firearms dealer are chanting the same thing. Almost every firearms accessory dealer on the web are all showing the same headline;

"DUE TO AN OVERWHELMING DEMAND, PRODUCTS ARE EITHER BACKORDERED OR UNAVAILABLE. THE PRODUCTS THAT ARE AVAILABLE ARE SEVERAL WEEKS BEHIND IN SHIPPING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE."

Now I am not a doom and gloomer per se, I like to think that I am more of a realist, but when all are saying the same thing it certainly makes one think for sure.

Good thing for me is that glock magazines are still plentiful and cheap which brings me to my new post. Interchangeability and systems.

I have a few things that just don't play well with others (such as my CZ and my Moisin Nagant), but my two system guns are the Glock 26 and the Kel-tec sub 2000. Both are chambered in 9x19 (9mm parabellum) and both are able to accept any glock 9mm magazine interchangeably. This allows me the option of using a close quarter handgun or a bit longer range carbine for whatever the particular need is that arises. The next thing on my list (hopefully will be able to get around to it by the end of this year) are the AR15 pistol and rifle. Both are able to be interchanged almost part for part, but most importantly they have a common cartidge and common magazines. This allows a good degree of backup while keeping costs as low as possible for other items such as beans and bandaids.

This is all for me now, but just remember that just because you get a bunch of items is not nearly as important as getting items that play well together.

No comments: